Cartime Group Pty Ltd (cartime) is committed to protecting your privacy. Cartime is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) as well as other applicable laws protecting privacy. Where appropriate Cartime will handle personal information relying on the employee records exemption and the related bodies corporate exemption in the Privacy Act.
This Website Privacy Statement (this Privacy Statement) applies to the personal information collected by Cartime through this website (www.cartime.com.au) and must be read together with the User Agreement that governs the use of this website. Cartime may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and if it does so, it will post any updated Privacy Statement on this website. We encourage you to check this website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Privacy Statement.
About this policy
This policy sets out how Cartime collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using Cartime services, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Collection of your information
Cartime.com.au collects personal information through this website to provide services and information and for its business operations. The following are the main types of personal information collected by Cartime through this website and the main purposes for which this information is collected.
Personal information collected by Cartime may include:
- your name, address and contact details
- user ID's and passwords
- the services provided to you
- records of communication with cartime including records using Communications Services
When you use Cartime as a Seller
If you use our services as a Seller, we will need to collect information to facilitate your registration and activities as a Seller, in addition to the information we collect about you as a Registered User.
When you send a query through Cartime to a Seller
When you send a query to a Seller we collect your contact information in order to provide it to the Seller to facilitate the Seller's response to you.
When you send a query to Cartime
You may also choose to provide us with your name or other details when you contact us with other queries or with requests for our newsletter, promotional emails or for other information about Cartime products and services or to your queries.
Use of your information
- We generally use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you (or otherwise as required or authorised by law). For example, in addition to the uses of personal information described above:
- we use personal information to help ensure safe trading on our Site, enforce or apply our policies and User Agreement and identify and troubleshoot problems; if you agree or ask, then in addition to the use of your contact information to contact you when necessary and to customary business communications (payment confirmations, etc) Cartime may send newsletters and promotional emails to Registered Users periodically. Newsletters and promotional emails will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the Registered User can remove himself or herself from that mailing list and Cartime will remove any Registered User from Cartime's newsletter and promotions mailing list upon the Registered User's request.
- we may use personal information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour, to carry out market and product analysis and to better understand and serve you and our community;
- as part of conducting our business, personal information may also be used to maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading them;
- we may use personal information to comply with law or protect intellectual property and the other rights, property, or safety of Cartime, our users or others, or to cooperate with law enforcement or government agencies or officials, or as required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your information
For the purposes described above, Cartime may disclose your personal information:
- to our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, related companies and agents;
- to law enforcement and government agencies or officials;
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred;
- where you have otherwise consented; or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Updating your information
Cartime provides you with ways in which you can update your personal information, including changing your email address, password, address and phone number, etc. You must ensure your personal information is kept up to date and is accurate. Cartime may store your previous personal information to prevent fraud and assist with any investigations and enforce our User Agreement and legal requirements.
Credit Card Information
We protect your credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. Your credit card details are not stored on Cartime servers. Credit card payments are processed by a third party Australian payment gateway company.
Cartime provides facilities to send references to a specific car ad to a friend. You may not use the "Email to a friend" service or other email forwarding services that we offer to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement or this Privacy Statement. You should use these services only to send messages to persons whom you are confident consent to receiving such messages from you. We do not permanently store, sell, or rent these email messages or the email addresses.
Control of your password
You are responsible for all actions taken with your email address and password, including fees charged.
Cartime mostly uses "session" cookies, which are removed from your computer once you leave Cartime. However, Cartime also uses persistent cookies to personalise the user experience, to help protect our Registered Users and other users of the website and to provide us with research information (such as how often users visit Cartime each month). Persistent cookies allow us to track users on Cartime and help us identify users abusing the Cartime service.
What if your don’t provide information
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Cartime may not be able to provide you with the full range of Cartime services.
Accessing and updating your information
Subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
Registered users of our website will generally be able to access and update their details online.
Advertising and 3rd party links
Some Cartime advertisers may request information directly from users, or link to sites that do so. Cartime has no control over its advertisers' privacy policies, and encourages users to review such policies prior to submitting any personal information to them.
Cartime contains non-advertising links to a variety of third party sites to enhance the registered user experience. Cartime has no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where otherwise noted.
If you have any queries or would like further information about our privacy policies or practices, or
wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information; or
would like to tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to contact you with requests for our newsletter, promotional emails or for other information about Cartime products and services, please contact our Privacy Officer by contacting us or by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
The Cartime Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 2194
Sydney NSW 2001